November 27, 2009

NERTZ!!!

Conversation via text message:
(Background: Amanda and I invite Derek and Cam over for dinner and a possible movie...)
Derek: Do you want us to bring anything?
Anlee: No, unless you have 4 decks of cards.
Derek: 4 decks of cards? Nertz?
Anlee: HECK YES!!!!

So, Korea just became 10x better! Nertz has landed. YEP! That's right all of my nertz partners world-wide, it's a global phenomenon! I'm sure from playing many rounds of the game with me, you know how excited I was to find a fellow nertz player! Even better, Cam and Amanda took to the game rather quickly. (For those of you that do not know what Nertz is, ask me when I get back. I am sorry to have kept you in the dark so long on this one, but it is an amazing card game.) I spent the evening reminiscing over times spent around the nertz table, or floor, as we always had so many people playing. I remember being punched in the face in an attempt to get my cards into the pot or tying my arms to Courtney as we morphed the game into not only partners nertz, but 3 handed nertz. Good times. Nat, before you leave Ecuador, you should start a game up! I promise not to make this post entirely about Nertz. For dinner I made salmon salad with sauteed carrots and garlic with Cheddar, broccoli, potato soup and crusty bread. Note to self: This mean takes forever so set aside at least an hour and a half. Dessert was complete with chocolate covered strawberries. I really enjoy cooking for other people, so it was nice to have been able to make something for friends and see them enjoy it.

As for the random moments here in Korea, I thought I would supply you with a few pictures to show you that it's not all crazy times here, but also just plain ridiculous.

Amanda being stalked by a man on stilts!!


Amanda and I making funny faces on the train!


Catching Derek and a guy who clearly does not want his picture to be taken on the train!


Pepero gifts from my students!




Derek playing at the Music Club




The most amazing food! Wanted to post pictures just to make you jealous!




Free hugs were needed after a not so satisfying haircut for me and a great new do for Amanda!




When you need to mop the floors and you are too lazy to buy a mop and carry it home, just mop with your feel and soapy water. This was a grand idea!



Amanda and I playing in Gideon's winter coat. Seriously, You could camp out for the rest of the winter in this thing!





My co-teacher, Nancy, and I with our 5 and 6 years classes on Market Day. Asking these kids to take a photo is like asking for World Peace! Not likely.

Dad on Thanksgiving morning laughing at my breakfast of instant mashed potatoes and peas! He's so handsome!

I want MAIL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...