November 1, 2009

Sleepless in Seoul...

I have been struggling pretty severely with lack of sleep lately. It seems that 6 solid hours is impossible to attain. I have watched the moon rise across the night sky and counted the 12 stars that can be seen when all of the lights in Gunpo burn out for the night. I now know the metro stops running at 1:00am and starts back up at 5:00am. The buses run throughout the night roaring their engines at 3:00am, the trash truck comes around our building at 4:45am and shop owners run along the sidewalks ready to open their shops at 5:30am. A friend gave me melatonin to try and help aid my sleep...it helps to knock me out, but definitely doesn't keep me down; the first time I took it I woke up what seemed to be every minute. I tried again last night; I fell asleep, tossed in and out of sleep until 3:30am, laid there for a while willing myself to sleep and finally gave up. Sleep wasn't coming so I watched a movie instead. Tonight, the line up is Tylenol PM!

P.S. Today's high temperature is 40 degrees. The forecast says we could see some rain/snow mix if precipitation accumulates...FUN FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...