November 29, 2009

We are not Turkey's


As most of you know, my small group and I, plus two new friends from Onnuri Church, celebrated Thanksgiving at Yongsan Army Base. We enjoyed a feast of carved turkey, gourmet cranberry sauce, yeasty rolls without butter (YAY), heaping portions of pie, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy and steamed veggies. Not entirely sure what to call the "dressing/stuffing," but it was still good.

We started out by loading ourselves onto these hilarious buses fit for a disco ball. There were flashing lights down the aisle and microphones with a flat screen TV for karaokeing. Luckily for some and to my dismay, there was not any jubilant singing!



The really nice table setting and room where we had dinner.


Chris and Derek super excited about the turkey, not so excited about the ice breaker games.


Mira, an amazing new friend!


Mary and Amanda.


Self-explanatory, but the guys digging in!


mummmmmmmmmm!

So, Mary and I could not decide WHICH dessert to get, so we pretty much got ALL of them. Some were pretty disappointing, but the chocolate/brownie/cake/heaven was GREAT!


The ladies! And YES!!! I was flipping excited to see some Christmas Trees. The dinner was held at the hotel on the base, which was dressed in it's holiday best!


The most AHHHH-mazing group of people that I have been fortunate enough to meet here in Korea! These guys are not turkeys! They are much much more. So, here is your Christmas photo family and friends!



Glory Glory to ole' Georgia to Hell with all the REST! I said it's great to be a Georgia Bulldawg! And it is! I was able to watch the nail-biting game with my dad via skype early Sunday morning here in Korea. I'm sure my neighbors are thinking aliens landed in my apartment as Amanda might have been thinking I was temporarily possessed. I was shrouded in my finest Georgia gear and tears were springing to my eyes as I watched the silver britches boys bring home another win against the hated North Avenue Yellow Jackets. We should all learn to talk a little less trash and remember that it's the guys on the field playing for all they are worth and not us (note to self - take your own advice!) Great game teams! Goooooooooo Dawgs, sic em' woof woof woof woof!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...