November 19, 2009

Yongpyong here I come!!!!


I can't control the excitement! For Christmas and Amanda's going away present, our boss, (whom I had dubbed Evil Penguin in our Christmas play,) is taking us SKIING at Yongpyong Resort! In the last 20 minutes I have researched enough to be an expert on skiing in Korea. This particular resort is amazing! (Photo essay to follow!) Our entire staff at school will be renting a bus to make the drive into the mountains in North eastern South Korea. (That sounds funny, huh?). There are 31 various slopes and 15 lifts!!! WHAT WHAT!! From the snow reports there is snow already on the slopes! I am super excited about the cross country slope! DAD do not worry, you have trained me well. Celina, my Korean co-teacher, is ready to race!!! We will all be staying at a jimjilbang or 찜질방. This is basically a hostel, but I have heard some interesting stories. It will be a BIG check mark off of the "seriously, I did that in Korea" list.


Can't wait to post pictures of my own! At least I know x-rays in this country are insanely cheap...so if something happens...
I get to teach Amanda and some of my other co-teachers how to ski...should be fun! WOOT WOOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...