December 16, 2010

White Christmas!!!

 We celebrated Nancy's birthday at women's group this week. Nancy hosts our group every other Wednesday at her home with her kids, Ana and Joseph, joining us. This is my adopted family here. Nancy was the first Christian I met in Korea. She took me to Dongsan my first Sunday in Korea. It was on that fateful day that I met Derek Fekkes...and you know the rest of the story.

She has taken me to doctor's appointments, Costco, field trips, tourist stops, taught me Korean, helped us find a piano, loved us dearly and made Korea and really great experience.

Sadly, (for me), she is moving to Canada with her family in March. Both Joseph and Ana were born in Canada. They lived in Canada for 7 years and New Jersey for 2. Song, Nancy's husband, is being transferred to Cananda again and Nancy is planning on getting her Masters in Vancouver! I'm excited that we will be 2-3 hours from each other after the Fekkes' move back to America!
 Best part: The cake I made Nancy with pudding!

We had a small birthday party for Nancy. Here are some of our Korean small group members:

Front row: Nancy, Joseph, Ana
Second row: Jennifer, Tiffany
Back row: Fiona






Could Joseph look more pleased?
:)
My favorite kids!

Charmaine made dokboki for the kids! (Korean snack food.)

Love them!

Nancy

 We woke up this morning to white streets and snowflakes. Derek is on the phone trying to call his ride to school. I'm bouncing up and down like Christmas came 8 days early!!!
I'm dreaming of a white christmas!

Guess what? We aren't that cold!

Students freezing!

Outside of my school.



My students having a snowball fight
Yay for SnowFest 2010! Oh wait, we had 13 inches of snow in one night back in January! Humm...starting the year off white and ending the same! I like it! Now, we should probably avoid mass transportation as I witnessed two wrecks on my way to school this morning. One of which the bus I was on pushed out of the way so we could keep moving! Oh Korea!!

1 comment:

  1. THIS MADE ME MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH. hahahaha and I remember when all the Ajuma's looked at you (Anlee) like you were CRAZY (yes, that word) for just throwing yourself to the ground to make a snow angel on that little triangle outside of our apartment. I got my letter today!!!!! :-) I love it. Love the photos. I also want to give everyone a hug - you, Derek, Nancy... AH! I need to have you back in my life (in person). ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...