July 14, 2016

There will be crumbs

Life with children involved a lot of mess! Yesterday I was reminded to enjoy it and not stress the mess. A friends husband was loading a car seat in my van and in the process emptied the contents of his sons car seat snack graveyard all over. He was so apologetic. And all I could think... "There will be crumbs!"  Abundant, wrong place at the wrong time, sticky crumbs. But we will remember the fun day we had singing songs in the backseat and calling each other silly gooses... Yes, gooses is correct! The van floor may be littered with crumbs, but what a fun time that was had getting them there! 

In the same way I see the journey of sanctification resembling this conversation with my friends husband. There will be crumbs, crumbles of our old self still in need of cleaning up, shaking out of the hard to reach places. But oh what great mercy is found when they are brought to light and laid at the foot of the cross. 

I'm thankful for crumbs today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...