May 19, 2018

My daughter awoke for the Royal Wedding...at 130...A...M! She seemed to feel very strongly that we should be awake and eager to watch the bride and groom and all the many fascinators.  There were tears... but not at the beauty of the bride or the sweet music or the passionate oratory from the Reverend. No, the tears involved a very tired baby struggling to communicate her needs and wants and hurts. And this is such a true illustration of how I act sometimes, too. Where she is struggling with tummy issues that leave her in pain, I deal with heart issues that ultimately lead into pain when not fully submitted to a gracious Heavenly Father.

My uncle posted recently that prayer is an act of telling God that we aren't okay with our current character and heart orientation. Instead of prayer being the time where we ask for blessings, its a time of acknowledging that our character has not been made fully perfect, and is in dire need of God's intervention. I find myself in need of this daily as a mom and as a wife. Instead of screaming out my frustrations in the day to day grind of feeding, snuggling, cleaning little ones, I want to besiege the Lord for a deeper understanding of Grace and to let that understanding change my heart and inform my mind and command my actions. In this I know I will find hardship and trials. But it's there that I will have strength and heart to love and snuggle my daughter at 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 a...m...

Either way, wataching a royal wedding with my little girl in the middle of the night turned out to be a pretty sweet moment that I'm sure when I've had more rest will be a treasure to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...