March 29, 2010

My MOM IS IN SOUTH KOREA!!!!!

Annette: strong, beautiful, confident, amazing, gracious and loving...my mom.


My mom landed in South Korea 45 minutes early last Tuesday afternoon. The weather was welcoming after 3 connecting flights and nearly 24 hours in the air. I met her at the gate with Stargazer lillies and tears. So good to see my mom after nearly 7 months of skype hugs. Hugging her was the best part.

We took the bus home where she met Derek for the first time. He had been slaving away making her dinner so that she could have some good food when she arrived. I think he made a great frist impression...

Over the past few days, Mom has toured my school, taken a taxi, bus, train and car around Seoul and where I live. She has climbed endless stairs like a champion, eaten a traditional Korean BBQ meal, complete with Kimchi and soju, skyped with the family back home, toured a centuries old palace, watched an amazing jam session at church, been noraebong with friends and ventured out on her own for a nice walk around the city.

Today is her birthday and Derek and I are taking her out to a buffet with a 2 hour time limit?!? I love having her here. Being able to share my life with her has been wonderful and really heart-warming for me. She joined our Bible study and women's group this past week where it felt just right having her here.

We have many plans for the rest of her time here. Hope I get over this sickness before she leaves. Perfect timing to catch a cold...but, mom is here and she can take care of me, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...