June 25, 2010

Waiting for Jesus...

There's a cry in my heart, For Your glory to fall. For Your presence to fill up my senses.There's a yearning again, A thirst for discipline, A hunger for things that are deeper.

Could You take me beyond? Could You carry me through? If I open my heart? Could I go there with You? For I've been here before, But I know there's still more. Oh, Lord, I need to know You.

For what do I have If I don't have You, Jesus? What in this life Could mean any more? You are my rock, You are my glory. You are the lifter Of my head.

 There's a cry in my heart for Christ. In this season, I am realizing the bottomless depth of my need for him to be fully soverign. I feel a cry in my heart for an outlet for the passion I have for Him and His kingdom. As Derek and I prepare ourselves for marriage and as we learn and grow in knowledge of each other, I'm finding in myself a aching need to serve the body. I want Christ to reveal to me his desire for my life in a tangible way...

I have passion for embracing and committing myself to the mission field, whether domestically, internationally or however else. I have a great desire to go back to school to learn how to counsel others and help them realize the beauty and power of our amazing healer. And I have a deep desire to be a wife to my husband, encouraging and loving to his passions for relationships and community.

I'm thankful that He who began a good work is carrying it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...