May 12, 2012

2:54 AM

It is 2:54 AM, Saturday morning and I'm blogging. Why? Because little baby Fekkes is growing and using my body as an oven! I'm pretty sure our Little One didn't mean to turn "the temperature up," but, well, hum. Morning sickness comes at you at ALL times. Today, we had a bought early this morning, late this afternoon and now at 2:49 AM. Sweet Derek stayed awake long enough to rub my back, get some tissues, reassure me in grunts and squinty eyes before crashing back in bed. Me and baby Fekkes, however, can't crash again. Or maybe just me.

If you are squeamish don't read this rest of this...

After talking with my midwife about why I'm vomiting so much and what my vomit "looks like," she determined that I am not EATING ENOUGH! Hummmm...good excuse to eat more right? Wrong! I'm so tired of food! I'm tired of reading labels, feeling exhausted figuring out what I can eat, abstaining from all of the delicious food that isn't healthy for the baby. (Thank you pregnancy books for ruining the very special time of my life when I thought I would get to eat-whatever-I-wanted!) All of this to say that I'm now eating a bagel at 2:59 AM because clearly the homemade pizza I made earlier for dinner, which I knew at the time wasn't going to sit well, didn't make the cut.

Add on to this Derek's best friend calling earlier to shout, "I had a dream about you guys and you had twins!" I spent the better part of my morning, BEFORE this phone call, meandering about the possibility of twins, just the possibility. Then, this particular friend who has experienced prophetic dreams calls...this equals a sleepless night. Probably slim chance, but we won't know until our sonogram at the end of this month, so until then the possibility is there.

Top all of this off with the struggle of "knowing you are getting "larger" = fat for a reason, a baby, versus that weird point where you look like you are just getting fat and not pregnant! Feeling sorry for myself tonight, we googled baby bumps at 10 weeks. (I'm 10 weeks Mothers Day!) Some women are showing, some women aren't. I'm going with the women who ARE! I'm also going with the women who start wearing maternity clothes at 10 weeks! I know maternity clothes are one thing that I plan to embrace fully and wholeheartedly! Bring on the elastic bands and stretchy dresses!

Okay, 3:07 AM, let's not meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...