May 6, 2012

Time flies

Can it really be a month since we took the test and found out we are having the little one? Has that much time already come and gone? Did I really have enough energy to stay awake all day a month ago? Could I still sneeze without having to throw up? Did we really sleep through the night without 500 pee breaks a night? A month ago Derek had never witnessed his wife having mental breakdowns and unexpected crying jags. He also didn't have a weeping wife at bedtime who cried because she was tired and couldn't get comfortable. And who knew what hormones really were before pregnancy? All that to say that I know my job in being the baby baker is hard. Delivery is a daunting yet exciting thing that I visualize daily. I'm going to be my own personal hero after the birth of little one. But the unspoken hero of the last month has been Derek, my amazing, loving, thoughtful husband. I'm watching him sacrifice himself each time I start getting sick or anxious. He is there, rubbing my back, massaging whatever hurts, getting food that I can eat, taking care of the dogs, the house, the finances, buying me a new outfit that makes me feel beautiful without displaying my expanding waistline. Words can't describe everything he has done and continues to do as we figure out this season of expecting. He shakes my heart each time he prays for this baby. Each time I look at his face and see how bad he hates seeing me sick. Each time he gives me grace, shows me mercy. I love Derek so much that I'm so thankful I get to carry his child into the world. Time might be flying, but I'm thankful to realize just how precious these moments with Derek are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...