January 15, 2011

Gone With The Wind

YES! What better way to celebrate (yes, we really celebrate our monthly anniversary's) our 5 month wedding anniversary than to watch Gone With The Wind?!?! You know you have a man who loves you when he sits down not only willingly, but excitedly, to watch Rhett and Scarlett love and learn for nearly 4 hours!

I grew up about a 30 minute drive from where the famous classic was filmed. Full of Georgia's history and old traditions, the movie reminds me of home. As a kid I watched the movie with my great-grandmother who once told me that while in Atlanta for the movie premier in 1939, Clark Gable bought her an ice-cream cone at a Soda Fountain. I've been watching and reciting lines along with this movie for longer than I can remember! I once dressed as Scarlett for Halloween one year wearing her famous green dress that she wears to the Wilkes BBQ.

[Spoiler alert if you haven't seen the movie...]
Watching it with the hubby is now my favorite! He even said he would watch it again! Towards the end he asked me, "Who are you rooting for, because I'm rooting for him [Rhett]." I said, "You root for both of them, TOGETHER!"Once he saw the finale, he said, "You mean it's a love story where they don't end up together?" I think it earned his respect for being more realistic.

While watching the movie, we ate some yummy chicken pot pie! I'll post the recipe later today. It is going down as my most successful "from scratch" recipe yet! We stuffed ourselves!

Much love from a very cold, but very happy Fekkes Family! 6 days to Thailand!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...