January 9, 2013

A letter from a fussy baby

Dear Mommy & Daddy,

First, I love you.

Second, I have some things I want you to know...and remember...

Late at night and in the early evening, I get a little fussy. Can you blame me? I've only been in this new world for a month and everything is SO different from when I was inside mommy's tummy. I get a little overstimulated by the new sounds, smells and noises. Give me time to adjust. I promise I will in time. But, when I do cry for what seems hours on end, just remember...

Sometimes I cry because I want to know that you are near...you don't have to pick me up always, sometimes you can just pat my back. Sometimes, I need you to pick me up and snuggle. I know when you are in the room...we are that close to each other...remember I heard mommy's heartbeat from the inside...I know her heart's rhythm. Sometimes, lets face it, you forget to change my diaper and naturally I want to let you know that I'm wet and need a pit stop...don't blame me that my digestive tract is shorter than your arm span!  And sometimes, I know this is hard to understand, but sometimes I just need to cry... I can't talk yet, I can't go for a run, I can't read a book to blow off some steam or pent up energy... so I cry. Love me during these times most and remember that when I cry you have an opportunity to show me love and patience.

Remember that I am thankful for you two as my parents and be thankful for me as your son. God was with me in the "secret place." The creator of creation knit me together in mom's womb. God called me a "crown" and a "blessing," so remember to always love me a such. I will be so thankful that I will grow to love and obey my father and mother. Teach me the way that I should go...even now...even when I'm fussy. God calls you "one" and now I'm "one" of the two of you together. We are a family.

Try smiling when you want to scream. I will learn to smile by watching you. Remember to laugh when you want to cry. You will teach me how to laugh. Remember to hug and hold me tight and I will find rest in your arms. Remember to love me as God loves you and I will learn to love God.

I love you mom and dad,
Ezra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...