May 6, 2013

Putting the old away


I can't believe that Ezra is almost 5 months old! I can't believe that just yesterday I packed away ALL of his three month old clothes. Is this really happening? Why does he have to grow so fast?? I blink and there he goes, growing, growing. Slow down sweet boy. Mommy and Daddy aren't ready yet!

Yesterday at church Ezra was the BIG KID! Three babies were present in the congregation. One younger by 8 days, the other only 3 weeks old. EZRA was the BIG KID! And the loud one, apparently. While the others sweetly napped, Ezra could be heard throughout the church cooing, moaning and making other cute, but loud, noises. I LOVE THIS! There is nothing that warms my heart greater than hearing a baby in church, crying or not! As my husband prayerfully considers what planting a church will look like, I beg him to always allow WHOLE-HEARTEDLY babies in the service with their parents. Mark Driscoll loves to have children in the service as a sign of life and blessing! I couldn't agree more! What better statement to those mommies and daddies lovingly sheparding their children than a welcome - for all - into the church, where ALL can be fed! Now, if we can only free the mommies up to nurse while in their church. I'm blessed to have a church that provides a cry room with the service being mic'ed in. My wish for all mommies!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...