September 23, 2009

Walking in Faith

So, I have noticed that I haven't really kept you up-to-date on what God is doing here...thank you to those of you who have been e-mailing me and praying over spiritual growth here. God has heard your prayers!!!!

Before coming to Korea we all spent quite a bit of time in prayer searching for God's desire over this season in my life. Exodus 33:14 led me to Barvas, Scotland, and it led me here to Gunpo, South Korea.
And the Lord replied, "My presence will go with you and I will give you rest."

I have been reflecting on this in the past few weeks and have realized that He always stands true to his word!!! I am being challenged to step out of what has always been "my place" in ministry, in small groups, in being satisfied in faith without knowledge. Last year seems so far away...the times of "well, I just don't get it and I never will..." or "blind faith is okay with me..." Most of you know the struggles went deeper than that, but I now know there is a desire to go beyond the emotion and face the Word, learn from it, and maybe even tackle on some understanding.

God keeps putting people in front of me, whether at home through e-mails, or here in Korea, that are challenging me, supporting me and praying for me. They are all people that I think God is using to help me seek his heart.

I was asked this week by a friend what my spiritual goals are this year. I could not articulate my answer. I have been thinking about this for a while, too. I knew coming to Korea that I wanted to explore the desires that have been growing in me to work and minister with young women and I also knew that I wanted to grow in faith, in knowledge and in prayer in my own walk. It seems now is the time where I am beginning to really let it soak in that this is not MY life, but His. I want to learn to let go of what I want and learn to discern what HE wants.

A friend recommended some podcasts online to listen to and my brother sent me some great sermons, too. Good ole' Andy Stanley is rocking my podcasts right now as is John Piper and Mars Hill. I'm working on being more proactive about reading and understanding scripture. And I hope to step out soon and be more comfortable in prayer. This year is an exciting year, and I can't wait to update you more on what the Lord is doing here!!

Side note: Guitar lessons have started and I hope to make music for the Lord soon! (Instead of noise!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...