September 15, 2009

Whirlwind...

Friday: I am balling crying at work because my recruiter was let go from his job, which at the time I thought my was fault because I emailed him to complain about the poor living accommodations that Amanda and I were experiencing, the pay situation, the hours, the boss, etc... So, I am crying because now I have a new recruiter who said "Don't call me if you have problems, deal with them yourself." Hummm, bring on the flood. Now I am fighting a battle of promises made over the course of contracts and emails. I am now losing the battle. Hysterical crying is next....Friday continues. My boss takes everyone out. OUT! We go to the one place that Amanda and I swore that we would never stop to eat at. The place with all the food swimming in the tank outside. Where the cut it up and put it on a plate still beating. YEP. Our luck. So, my boss hears that I ate sushi. She has the two foreigners assigned to her school that barely eat anything in Korea. She is kind enough to order me cooked salmon! :)

First course: only thing identifiable is the pineapple.

Second course: raw fish with weird lettuce. Lettuce...good. Raw fish...not so much.

Third course: SOJU and HITE

Fourth course: starting to forget by this point, but I think it was the flounder, cooked, and something else, possibly eel.

Fifth course: more soju and hite for the table, chocolate cake, something else that was fish, and shrimp.

Sixth course: what do you know, another round of soju. EVERYONE is smiling and excited now. It's Friday. We are all family after this meal. I ate A LOT of cake.

Seventh - tenth course: more soju

DESERT: Norambong with the newly established family. Norambong means karaoke in Korea. YEP, we sang karaoke with our boss and some of our students. GREAT times!

Amanda, Lisa and I finish the night off by meeting some friends at a local hangout. Friday began with a smile, around noon was hysterical crying and near panic attack, and ended with a smile and good friends.

OH A POSITIVELY GREAT NOTE: Amanda and I have moved into our new place complete with kitchen table, more than an ordinary sized window, a BIG frig, and a walk in bathroom. Things are really getting better. More to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...