October 9, 2012

31 Week Update - Prayer Request

So, we are officially 31 weeks pregnant. Our due date is 62 days away TODAY! We can't believe it. Ezra could be here in just a matter of weeks! Now, we are just praying for a safe arrival for both Ezra and I, so we are asking for prayer to cover both of us. Mom (me) had a bad glucose test last week. After several retests, I'm having a glucose tolerance test tomorrow to see if we have full-blown gestational diabetes. If we do we will be okay with diet and exercise changes. Our prayer comes in the form of praying this off of us. If we do have GD it could eventually mean that we wouldn't get our birth center birth. That would be devastating to us, but we know that God is in control. Babies born with moms who have GD are typically much larger than babies born without GD, so we want to pray this off of both of us for a safe, natural birth. Lastly, we are praying for open-minded pediatricians. Most here in Midland are refusing to take Ezra and I on because we are using a midwife and not delivering in a hospital. We are both considered a liability. (Oh gosh!) Oh, and GD babies come early!

I've completely cut out carbs and I am feeling pretty good. We are just hoping... Had to buy new maternity jeans this week...skinny maternity jeans are seriously more attractive than I thought they would be.

2 comments:

  1. I know we've only met once and I hope it doesn't weird you out that I'm commenting, but I happened to read this blog post and wanted to let you know that I had GD and everything turned out ok. :) The GD diet is actually really easy to manage and Seth was born at full term (just past 37 weeks) and was 7lbs of perfect little baby. You all are definitely in our prayers and we'd love to get to see you again sometime!
    Clair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skinny maternity jeans are incredibly flattering! We'll be praying for a safe delivery for all. God bless you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...