October 24, 2012

Ezra's First trip to Georgia

 47 days...5 odd weeks...2 major holidays...then the arrival of the most anticipated gift Derek and I could ever imagine! Baby Ezra's now in his 34th week. He could come healthy and sound as early as 37 weeks. Although, both of his parents are hoping that he will enjoy an extended stay inside mommy's tummy. As you can see above, I'm not carrying a basketball sized bump, but more of a flat watermelon! Amy, the amazing and genius photographer of Amy Dey Photography, aka my college roommate, best friend and amazing aunt to Baby Ezra, took some beautiful, and some awkward, photos of me over the weekend during my visit to Georgia. The best part of the shoot was just hanging out with Amy, however, she did manage to make me smile "for real" sometimes. It helps when you can tell yourself Brian Regan jokes. I love the picture above because I was thinking about holding our sweet boy, imagining what his eyes will see when he looks at us.
My trip to Georgia started out sleep deprived and ended the same way. Traveling can be tiring in the best of shape, but even more so bordering 8 months pregnant. SO WORTH IT! Dad picked me up from the airport with my favorite Mexican restaurant takeout and cheese dip. YUM! Then we headed to my brother's house to see my sweet nephew Caleb. He was waiting at the door with his arms opened wide and ready to pucker up. This kid is 90 miles a minute - and I am so thankful that all I get to do is spoil the heck out of him. No disciplining from me! Just cuddles.

On Friday, I was fortunate enough to get emergency hair repair from the best stylist I've ever had, Rhonda McLain. While she was correcting a previously bad haircut, I was able to meet my mom's best friend, Kathy, and my sister-in-law, Ashleigh, and nephew Knox. OH WHAT A CUTIE! Wearing designer shoes at 1 year old! Rhoda was generous with some designer shoes for Baby Ezra, too. Seven's For All Man Kind infant sneakers!

Next up, IKEA date with Natalie and Amy after some very much desired Jimmy Johns. Three hours later we had bought a combined 5 items and headed out to see Natalie's new apartment. SO CUTE! An hour later through Atlanta traffic, we were at The Witter's new home. Brooks' and Adam bought a beautiful house a year ago and Brooks' offered to host a sleepover for us best'ies from college before the Saturday shower. FIRST, MEXICAN FOOD! Yes, our lives still revolve around food. (Mine especially!) Lindsey, Amy, Natalie, Brooks and Melissa all went out for Mexican food of which an extra large cheese dip was a guest at as well. That night, we had our celebratory and traditional sleeve of double stuffed oreos (self control points go to me who had only 1!) We also celebrated Brooks' 25th birthday -  Lindsey baked 25 apple cinnamon cupcakes and Amy, Natalie and I made 25 toppers with our favorite Brooks' quotes over the years written in. Sleep...are you supposed to sleep at a sleep over? I know Lindsey fell asleep while talking. I'm not sure what time the last one of us realized the other was sound asleep and not responding, but it was so great to just talk with my best friends. I needed this time just to settle, to be encouraged and to love the people who have loved me so sweetly from such a distance.

Saturday morning Amy woke me up bright and early for the MOST AWKWARD of maternity shoot clients ever. When your best friend is the photographer all you really want to do is talk to her. We took some shots at a park with a huge oak tree just like our wedding tree. We went to a field of tall grass and had fun being creative and then we found the barn in the picture above. I'll post more at some point. Check out Amy Dey Photography!

The shower was so cute. The theme was "Baby Books." Ezra received all of my favorite children's books with messages written to him from each aunt (and uncle). These books are a true treasure! After many games and delicious food, just being with all of these ladies was the greatest gift!

Next post...Sunday's shower...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...