October 24, 2012

A family Shower

End of Saturday...saying goodbye to friends was hard. But thankfully, I was going home to say hello to family that I have not seen in quite some time. Sunday morning, Caleb came over to hang out with Aunt LeeLee. And then the festivities began. I was cordoned off to Mom's bedroom while the decorators took over the house. When I came out, the house was oh too cute! The theme was mustaches! The cake was beautiful. Two tiered with baby tyes on the side. I'll try and get a picture posted soon.

So many sweet gifts were given to Ezra. Some of my favorites were the beautiful heirloom jumper from mom and the embroidered cross bib from Susan. Ezra also received his first Georgia Tech Onezie of which I have approved he can wear when Nana comes to visit. One thing is for sure, Ezra will be incredibly well dressed for the first year of his life.

Monday was spent visiting grandparents who aren't as healthy as they used to be. The timing of my visit could not have been better. Great-grandfather to me and great, great to Ezra was awake and completely aware of who I was when we visited. He even called me by my childhood nickname, "arbitrary." Pawpaw, Ezra's great-grandfather on Dad's side, has been in a nursing home for over a month now, but when I visited he smiled so big, grabbed my hand, held it and said, "It's been a long time." All of my insides turned to mush. I miss my family. Lunch date with dad and a visit to the pond to see how my dad spends his retirement - training fish to follow him along the bank!!! Shopping for my dream diaper bag with mom and a big family dinner complete with pumpkin carving. A quick visit to see Knox, Whit and Ashleigh one more time before heading home to pack. My flight back to Derek and Midland took off at 8:55...way too soon...but I missed my husband and he missed his wife and son.

I'm already looking forward to taking Ezra back to Georgia for his first real visit with the amazing family that I have there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...