May 11, 2011

Fun with Friends

My sweet friend Melidy is getting married this summer. She is finishing up her third year here in Korea and her and the soon-to-be groom are returning to America in a few short weeks. They met in America - both from California - and came over to Korea to teach English. Adam, the groom, has been a great friend to Derek and Melidy has been a great friend to me. We are pumped to see where these two end up. We have high hopes to someday share a duplex. (I have the basic blueprints thanks to Adam!)  The duplex will include a craft room for Melidy and I and a game room (Foosball) for the dudes.

Anyway, Melidy and Adam asked Todd, our photographer friend, to take some engagement photos for them. They were really beautiful! I wanted to share this one from the peanut gallery  who tagged along. It was a fun day of watching two people who are excited to enter the marriage covenant! WOOHOO!

So, just to give you an idea...Cathleen (far left) is a sweet, fellow newlywed from Oregon. I seriously love her and am so thankful that another newlywed is around! Since I've met her, every conversation is full of "YEAHS!" Amy (next to Cathleen) is the sweet friend who helped us find our home here in Korea. She is amazing. Such a pure and beautiful heart! She calms me just being near! Her hubby is the resident photographer and they are expecting two beautiful twin girls this August. Melidy (Right) is the lovely lady with the flower in her hair. She is gentle, kind, gracious and hungry for the Lord. I can't fully describe her, but I can say that she is a blessing in my life and Korea wouldn't have been the same without her. Words aren't always necessary with Melidy. She just sees unlike anyone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...