May 23, 2011

The Office

Friday we needed to rest! Derek had not been sleeping well all week...I'm thinking bronchitis. I finally started wearing down Friday afternoon, so...when Derek came home I had set in motion my plan for the evening.

I was in the bedroom in my favorite pjs (that he gave me for Christmas), with candles lit all around, some orange juice and THE OFFICE! Yes, I had the computer ready with my finger on the play button. Derek walked in and flashed me a brilliant smile! So, we cuddled and watched hours of The Office. We have started the series from season 1, episode 1. Oh man, watching this show requires a MA degree in awkward! But, we feel better about it than Friends.

After resting for a while, we cooked up some fish tacos with white sauce! Yummmy! We finished the leftovers on Sunday...again Yummy! Saturday, we had more office. Derek spent some time in the piano room tickling the keys. We played Gin Rummy...yep...call us old farts...it's okay with us. I stayed up and watched Hachi - amazing dog movie, but will leave you longing to hold your little one (dog that is).

Sunday, Derek lead a new song in the worship service. It was a great new hymn.  Again, fish tacos and then we had an afternoon coffee date with our sweet friends Micah and Ally. Micah is the guy who helped Derek pick out  my pretty sweet engagement ring and also the guy who sang in our engagement video. Nice Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...