May 30, 2011

Week - END update

Dear Family and Friends, here are some interesting things that happened in our week:

  • On Wednesday we celebrated the day that Derek asked me to be his wife. One year ago we were given a chance to take our relationship and ministry to the next level - and we did! I remember like it was yesterday...so, to surprise D, I left him a note on our couch that he would find when he arrived home after work. It said, "Come to the place where you asked me the most important question of my life. I'll meet you there." I on the other hand was busy preparing a picnic dinner in the park where he asked me to marry him. I had a blanket, candles, wine, yummy dinner and the journal that I've been writing to my "husband" since I was a little girl. The day Derek asked me to marry him was the first day I wrote a name in the journal. We had dinner, read the journal (I write in it each month to remember our life together) and Derek acted out his proposal one more time. Pure Sweetness!
  • Wednesday was also my school's sports day. This is an event that the students look forward to all year! Each class competes against other classes in their grade in various competitions. I'm planning on making a video to post later to give you a better idea but some of them are: jump-rope, running-across-students-backs, dance competitions to classy Kpop, 5-man-race, running contest and the craziest obstacle course ever! Mostly, the students were on a sugar rush from ice-cream from generous parents, hamburgers, sodas, candy and whatever else they could fit in their tummies.
  • Tuesday Derek called and said he was surprising me with a night in Seoul. Seoul is an hour+ subway ride there and back so Derek booked us a night at the 4**** Ramada Inn in Gangnam, the business district in Seoul. It has a bathtub!!! He's planning for us to ride bicycles around the river in the morning, discover Gangnam in the afternoon and venture to a new burger joint for dinner. THEN BATHTUB! I'm planning on sleeping in it! I'm excited. When I asked Derek why he was being so generous, he said, "we need a romantic date AWAY!"   

 

  • Friday is Choji's Festival Day. This is an all-day performance heavy extravaganza for my students. They have been rehearsing dances, rap songs (not cool), music productions, ballet, and much more! I can't wait to share some of the videos! HOWEVER, some are completely inappropriate and will not be included. WHO LET'S high school students dance to uncensored LIL JOHN music??? My jaw fell to the floor when I heard the rapper screaming out the Fbomb in front of my school and fellow teachers. They had no idea why I was getting upset, but I've since informed them that the students do not need a translation for lyrics like those! 
  • Lastly, our pick for the American Idol champ, Lauran Alaina, didn't happen. But, we did have Hailey, Scotty and Lauren in our top three. Neither of us like country music, but I would buy an Alaina record! 
  • 3 months and counting....down.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...