May 3, 2011

Somethings Encouraging

Men go abroad to wonder at the heights of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at he long courses of the rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motions of the stars, and they pass by themselves without wondering. Saint Augustine
Words of wisdom...YES! I can't say it any better, so I'll leave you to ponder on it. This is encouraging to me because we have an awesome creator who designed us in such an awesome, intricate, perfect way! I love mountains and space! Space is my thing! My knowledge is limited, but how awesome (I know I'm using that word a lot, but how can you not?) is space? BUT, if we look at us...how we are made...the beauty of humans...the hand-prints of our creator all over us...how can we pass it by? SOOOO...I'm thankful my husband likes to sit on a park bench and just watch people walk by and wonder at the awesomeness and beauty of it all. 

God doesn't always change the circumstances. he didn't change them for Jesus. But, the cross is proof that he has purpose in circumstances [in suffering] and he will triumph over this world. Louie Giglio
Umm, again, how awesome? Suffering is something that I have reconciled in my faith walk. I don't struggle with suffering and I'll share why some other time. What a gift to have peace in suffering... But, thinking about the pain, the trials, the seasons of despair and agony... mostly, when we look back we see tremendous growth and insight, right? Look at Christ, the Son of God, forsaken on the cross. And look at the purpose in it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...