December 10, 2009

11 Pipers Piping...almost there...

Off on a "grand" adventure today - heading out this afternoon for the ski slopes in Northeastern Korea. Woke up this morning with a pretty intense sore throat - just my luck. The weather report is calling for snow on the drive there and all day tomorrow around Yongpyeong - EXCITED! Amanda had packed us PB&J sandwiches to get us through the weekend!

My problem child is currently naked in the teachers room and I'm finding it hard not to laugh. This is the second time this week that he has had an "accident." Poor guy. He's only 7!!! Maybe coming to school excites him so much he just gets overjoyed and can't control his bodily functions. Either way, I'm glad that the clean-up job falls to the Korean teachers.

I went into Seoul last night to do a bit of Christmas Shopping. I did get some things done, but it was rainy and a bit sketchy so I didn't get it all taken care of. I DID get ME a gift: I picked up Bruce Feiler's Looking for Class, which I am already hip-deep in. I really enjoy his writing style and he's a travel writer - so, he's pretty great. I also picked up another Lewis essay. It feels good to sit down and read.

Dear Santa,
Please allow us to make it through this weekend with our sanity and to come back having had a good time. Please allow the food to be recognizable and the drinks to more diverse than just soju and makuli.
Thanks,
Anlee and Amanda
(two hostages on a teachers get-a-way)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...