December 13, 2009

On the 12th day of Christmas...

On the 12th day of Christmas my True Love gave to me...12 Drummers Drumming...significant of the 12 points of doctrine in the Apostles Creed.

On my 12th Day of Christmas... I went skiing up in Yongpyeong with Amanda and my co-workers. The weekend ended up being much better than anticipated. More to come on that in a later post.

The 12th day of Christmas was also Natalie's Birthday!!! Brooks and Adam told me they were engaged! And I was able to hang out with this really cool drummer - Derek. So, the 12th day of Christmas for me was a great day!

Okay, I told you I would tell you more about Derek. I'm sure you guys know quite a bit about him from reading my blog, but he is a really great guy - the coolest thing about him is his passion for Jesus! I met him at church my first week in Korea. Amanda seems to remember me coming home and commenting on how nice he was...he is pretty nice. He started teaching me guitar lessons and we've been in a Bible study together for a few months. He's super encouraging to be around, makes a great conversation companion, funny, likes the outdoors and defines the word gentleman. I don't want this to sound like a PI report, so that's all the juice you get for now. To the ladies at ABHS: Yes, I think it's funny that I met someone on the other side of the world. Even better that he's an American. Lastly, I'm happy!

We are in the homestretch of Amanda leaving Korea. I'm excited for her and the opportunities that she is going back to, but also sad that my best friend in Korea is leaving.

Later today I will be posting some pictures and videos from our ski trip...stay tuned! LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...