December 2, 2009

O Christmas Tree O Christmas Tree


Okay, the Christmas tree is up!!
This was the AHHmazing brainstorm that I had had a few days back and realized last night as Amanda and I put it together. I hope you like our Asian Christmas Tree. I have to give credit to JCrew for inspiring me to create a tree that is highly educated. Our tree is made of chopsticks and the pages of Jane Eyre (hence, highly educated).. The tree topper is a paper crane that Amanda crafted. When I woke up this morning, I did so with a bit more enthusiasm knowing that I would pass the tree on my way for morning coffee.

Joining us this holiday season is Herman, the Christmas cactus: (he's missing an appendage due to my drying clothes falling on him.) And, my mom's angel that has been watching me sleep since early high school. Rounding out the gang are countless candy canes and snowflakes. I spent about 3 hours listening to Christmas carols last night -- neighbors, unfortunately, did too!

Dear Santa,
I want a puppy for Christmas, please. Please bring me a notebook computer. Please bring me a doll. Please bring me a bicycle. Please bring me a mp3. Please bring me clothes.
Love,
Eva

My most advanced student! She has a pricier list.

Dear Santa Claus,
Please help me find my Nana's pearl. I wear it everyday and have for the past few years. My grandfather gave it to her as a wedding gift 60 years ago. I woke up this morning and it wasn't on my chain. I've been really sad this morning. Please help me find it. It means more than words to me.
Love,
Anlee


So, mine is a bit more depressing...


In other news, NATTERS is HOME! That means a lot of skype calls to come. So, happy you are home safe and sound Nat! It's Thursday, which means another week has flown by! Saturday, we are going to see New Moon. It's being released here today. I think I am also going to go ice skating on Saturday. I have had it in my head and now intend to go.


I finished reading Jane Eyre yesterday. It felt good to plow through a book. My brain feels slower here, reading less. But, as always, Jane is a wonderful woman and Mr. Rochester, a wonderful man. I guess it's safe to say it's the adult version of a Disney movie with a classic love story. Good read. Will elaborate more later.





On the third day of Christmas, my TRUE LOVE gave to me, Three French Hens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...