December 22, 2009

I have taken a blogging hiatus - sorry about that. Top New Stories from the other side of the world:

-The pipes were frozen most of the last week and the the beginning of this week. It was so cold I could see my breath in my classroom, the toilets did not flush (gross), there was not any water = general insanity. I could not feel my feet even though I was wearing 4 pairs of socks. Today - it is a warm day outside, so the school has heated a bit.

-12 of us went into Seoul this past weekend to see the Korean National Ballet's performance of the Nutcracker. It was different from what I have seen before, but no doubt, the KNB is very talented. We dined at Tony Roma's prior to the ballet. Really good food. The general review was that Nancy's husband was sleeping soundly by the first 10 minutes. Brian cried. Cam laughed out loud and I chuckled at the vibrant response by the audience during curtain calls. Synchronized clapping at the ballet?!? A quick drop-in at Starbucks for some hot chocolate and we called it a night. Great times...

-I received not one, but 2 packages from my mom today! One I can't open until Santa comes. The other was full of Christmas decorations and, YEP, a CHRISTMAS TREE. Mom did not leave Jesus out of the season - SHE SENT A NATIVITY SCENE, too. Almond joys, candy canes, Hershey's kisses and the limited edition white fudge covered oreos! I think Santa really does exist - real name: Annette Bozeman - aka Mom.

-YOUNG JOO IS HERE! Young is visiting Korea over the holiday's. I took him out to dinner to grab some curry and showed him my mad guitar skills thanks to my great guitar teacher! Young was impressed! He's joining our Bible study this week. I'm really thankful to have him here and to share Korea with him. Plus - we can call the dawgs together.

-AVATAR: Great movie. Really enjoyed it. Really want to go to New Zealand even more. I have never had such an interactive seat before. In the big fight scenes, my seat would vibrate to match the music - really cool, but completely unexpected. I thought only Disney did stuff like that. Makes the movie experience much cooler.

My heart goes out to you guys. I miss you. I am happy and enjoying the holiday's here. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...